Hormones play a vital and direct role in daily mood, well-being, mental health, happiness and also neurotransmitter levels!
Hormones we commonly test include:
- Thyroid hormones
- Adrenal and stress hormones, including cortisol and DHEAs
- Progesterone and Oestrogens
There are several comprehensive Neurotransmitter testing panels available! Neurotransmitters play an integral role in our daily mental health, well-being, happiness, mood and stability. Both high and low levels of neurotransmitters may be associated with symptoms such as low mood, anxiety, poor motivation, stress, poor sleep, fatigue, ADHD and Parkinson’s.
Neurotransmitters tested may include:
- Serotonin – associated with feeling happy and calm, low levels may be associated with anxiety, depression and insomnia.
- GABA –required for relaxation, calmness, lowering pain perception, sleep initiation; low levels of GABA may be associated with irritability, restlessness and insomnia.
- Dopamine – important for focus and motivation, memory, mental and physical alertness, low levels may be associated with low mood, low motivation and apathy.
- Noradrenalin/Norepinephrine and Adrenalin/Epinephrine – mediates the body’s “fight or flight” stress response.
- Glutamate – required for GABA production, however, elevated levels may be neurotoxic (excitotoxic) and be associated with anxiety.