There are many underlying biochemical causes which may be associated with or contribute to symptoms experienced by children on the spectrum.
Some of these may involve:
- Digestive disturbances, such as lack of digestive capacity, digestive inflammation, and digestive parasites.
- Food allergies and intolerances.
- Neurotransmitter activity, including excessive excitotoxic neurotransmitters such as glutamate.
- Stress hormones and adrenal function, including cortisol levels, which can affect sleep, anxiety and coping tolerance.
- Sleep hormones and neurotransmitters, affecting sleep initiation and maintenance.
- Methylation cycle deficiencies or defects.
- Essential fatty acid deficiencies.
- Candida overgrowth, which can be tested for.
- Chronic inflammation, including neurological (brain) inflammation.
- Pyrrole disorder, also called kryptopyrrole or pyroluria, can exacerbate anxiety, lack of calm and sleep issues.
- Heavy metal or toxin exposure.
- Genetic inability to detoxify heavy metals or other toxins.
- Vitamin and nutrient deficiencies.
- Chronic, undiagnosed infections, including viral infections and bacterial infections.
Thankfully, many of these underlying biochemical concerns may be tested for and supported utilising natural medicines.
Many of the families we work with may begin to see valid improvements in mood, sleep, behaviour, learning and well-being within the first 3-4 weeks of natural medicine support.
We would love to be able to assist you and your child towards their best health and wellness.
Contact us today for more information or to make an appointment.